English for Agriculture - Beginners and Intermediate
Farm animals are domestic animals that are used for business or for home use, such as cattle or horses. When they are raised for business, they are raised in farms by farmers. These animals can also be : pigs, poultry, sheep, goats, rabbits, and others.
- From the cattle, farmers can get milk (dairy) and meat (beef), but in the past, people used them mainly as working animals. They used to train them as a dog or a horse.
- From pigs, people make delicious foods such as sausages, salami, pork chops, and others. Many years ago, when man was still in a cave, it was a hunter for food, the same as the dog.
- Sheep have been used for many years for their hair and meat.
- Poultry are domesticated birds (fowls) that are raised for their meat, eggs, or feathers, such as chickens, turkeys, ducks, and gooses. From the chickens we get meat and eggs that we eat at home.
- Horses are animals that have been domesticated for many years. They are used as beasts. They are also used for pleasure for riding. Even there are competitions about horses, such as racing or jumping fences.
- Rabbits are used in farms for meat and fur, but now people from the cities are using them as pets.